2007 Winter Code Update Sessions
The four regional (Southeast, Northeast, Northwest, Southwest) building inspector associations of Wisconsin, in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Commerce (Commerce) Safety and Buildings Division, will be offering training sessions addressing the Wisconsin Electrical Code, Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code, and the Wisconsin Commercial Building Code. These courses are designed to meet the continuing education requirements for individuals carrying Safety and Buildings Division inspection credentials. Fire inspectors, designers, contractors, and others with an interest in Wisconsin's codes as well, may benefit from the programs.
- SE - January 29 & 30 (Electrical), January 31 (UDC), February 1 (Commercial)
- NE - February 5 - 8
- NW - February 26, 27 & 28 – Mar 1
- SW - March 7 & 8 (UDC Electrical/UDC Construction), and March 19 – 22
All sessions follow a typical order:
- Monday - commercial electrical
- Tuesday - UDC electrical
- Wednesday - UDC construction
- Thursday - WCBC
- Typically, attendees will receive 6.5 CEU for each session.
- Fire alarm and sprinkler training similar to last year's evening sessions will be handled by Commerce. Dan Meneguin will be the lead in organization and scheduling.
- All agendas are posted on the Commerce website. Agendas are also available from individual associations.
- Registration is limited. Association membership will receive priority. Extra seats will be available to interested parties.
Tentatively, there are five individuals who are scheduled to conduct the four Wednesdays plus any additional sessions. They are, and the tentative agenda is:
- Leroy Stublaski, Review of Construction Sites, 1 to 1.5 hours
- Lynita Docken, Erosion control, 30 minutes
- Brad Johnson, Storm Water, 1 hour
- Div. of Energy, Energy/HVAC, 1.5 - 2 hours
- Larry Swaziek, Administrative/Code Q&A, 1 to 1.5 hours
The electrical sessions will be conducted as previous years.
Commercial PV (photo-voltaic) systems
Commercial may include an hour on fire alarm systems.
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Karen Beebee, APA – Engineered Wood association (1.5 hr),
10:15 a.m. – 12:00 noon Roy Wagner on liability,
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Tom Dwyer, from Risk Management, insures the state of Rhode Island speaking from and Commerce will address the ICC
2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Wisconsin Commercial Bldg. Code Update / IBC 2006 (2-hrs) Commerce to include fire stopping, penetrations and fire alarm locations.
SW – (2 hours) Tom Dwyer, from Risk Management, insures the state of Rhode Island speaking Wisconsin Commercial Bldg. Code Update / IBC 2006 (2-hrs), Pat Conway from Masonry Iinstitute masonry construction (2hours) Randy Dahmen HVAC, (2 hours) Commercial Q&A filler have handout available. Order not yet determined.
NE - Wisconsin Commercial Bldg. Code Update / IBC 2006 (2-hrs), Tom Dwyer, from Risk Management, insures the state of Rhode Island (2hours), Randy Dahmen HVAC, (2 hours). Order not yet determined.
NW – ICC performing commercial building inspections all day class.
-- Henry Kosarzycki
The newsletter is issued electronically every other month.
Please send comments or questions to Barbro McGinn, editor.